Residential Treatment for Teens
Within minutes of local amenities in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, yet free from urban culture on site, our residential mental health services are the perfect soft landing for teens and their families seeking refuge from complex emotional and behavioral issues.
Typically, the residents in our residential treatment centers have not developed the usual coping skills necessary for age-appropriate life choices due to clinical needs or past experiences. Our intensive program provides them with the supervision and support they need as they learn to live productively.
For this reason, we offer a goal-based treatment plan that integrates the objectives of both the resident and their family. The active participation of parents and guardians in therapeutic sessions is critical to establishing expectations and measuring outcomes. Education consultants, community clinicians and previous educators are also important to this process for additional insights.
What Our Program Treats
Our diverse team of highly skilled professionals specializes in identifying and treating a wide range of complex issues, including:
- Mood disorders, depression, and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety and panic disorders, OCD, and social anxiety
- Executive functioning issues
- Adoption and attachment issues
- Autism spectrum disorders and/or related diagnoses
- Strained relationships with parents and authority figures
- Decline in academic performance
- ADD/ADHD issues
- Anger management
- Eating disorders
- Thought disorders
- Personality disorders
- Negative peer relationships
- Somatoform disorders
- Gaming & Technology Issues
Take a Tour of This Program
Residential Treatment for Teens & Adolescents
Adolescent residents take part in a variety of innovative family, group, and individual therapy sessions and learn valuable life skills that create the framework they’ll need to transition into adulthood. Competencies for daily living—including maintaining a personal schedule, finances, decision-making and the importance of attending to daily responsibilities—are interspersed with regular educational curriculum, physical health and fitness, self-esteem and values to promote balance.
With the benefit of our small program size and a minimum commitment of 90 days in our residential treatment center, our team of caring professionals can quickly adapt both goals and structure in response to growth and challenges in order to maximize each individual’s journey to wellness. Length of stay beyond the initial, required six-month commitment is based on individual goal achievement. We treat each individual in a unique manner—it’s important for us to view each of our clients as a ‘whole person.’ We utilize a combination of both traditional and holistic approaches.
Innercept’s in-depth continuum of services is designed to help adolescents ages 13 – 18 through every phase of change. Our Stabilization Program provides extra support during times of struggle, while our Transition Program helps them as they move toward independence.
Full Continuum: Therapy
- 90-day minimum length of stay
- Comprehensive medication management with weekly medication checks
- Individual therapy two times per week with licensed therapists
- Family therapy/education weekly
- Specialty groups led by highly-specialized clinicians
- Psycho-educational groups that include, but are not limited to the following evidence based care:
- Mood regulation
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Executive functioning
- Life skills
- Health education
- Coping skills
- Culinary classes
- Expressive art therapy
- Values and morals
- Healthy relationships
- Ethics and world view
- Goal setting
- Integral recovery group
- Formal staffing every other week, led by our full-time child and adolescent psychiatrist with written progress reports and updates given to parents and referral sources
- Supervised personal health and fitness plans emphasizing the importance of exercise, effective sleep patterns, stress reduction, nutrition and relaxation techniques
- 24-hour awake staff supervision and support
- Transportation to all appointments
- Educational, volunteering or employment opportunities
- Ability to complete high-school diploma either through the student’s previous school or our fully accredited high school, Innercept Academy
- GED services and/or college dual enrollment with support from the teaching staff
- Daily educational groups on schedule maintenance, decision-making, finance, health and fitness, leisure, conflict resolution, healthy relationships and recognizing the importance of attending to daily responsibilities
- Ability to facilitate academic testing by experienced licensed clinical school psychologists
- Classroom time is interspersed with physical activity and community responsibility to provide opportunities to apply knowledge in real-life situations
- Help navigating the academic and volunteer opportunities available both internally and externally in the community
- Shared living experience in a home setting to encourage relationship skills with roommates, peers and authority figures
- Group therapy sessions that teach the principles of critical thinking and application to life situations
- Transportation to academic or volunteer opportunities and all other appointments
- Organizational skill development
- Coping skills utilization techniques taught, with staff help to apply them as indicated
Who Benefits From Teen Residential Treatment Centers?
Residential treatment centers are utilized for a variety of reasons. In the case of Innercept, our residential treatment center for teens benefits families that are dealing with struggling teens. Young adults that experience mental health disorders, or simply a difficult time in their life, can have a major impact on entire families.
This is why at Innercept, we take the entire family into account. Our intensive treatment programs are led by some of the best mental health professionals in the country. Innercept is a treatment center for young adults that provides transformation through innovation. Your entire family can benefit from enrolling your teen in a mental health treatment center.
For your teen, untreated mental health issues can lead to substance abuse. It is essential to get your child the help they need as soon as possible to avoid worsening mental states potentially leading to substance abuse.
The Success of Teen Treatment Centers
Residential treatment centers are proven to be effective for adolescents, teens, and young adults. By immersing your child in culinary classes, volunteerism, exercise, horticulture, and academics – we help develop a transformation in their thought processes.
Not only do residential treatment centers provide a safe and healing environment for your child, but they also allow your child to experience an environment that stimulates growth in many ways. Our teens often discover new aspects about themselves through our treatments that help them develop invaluable self-love.
Our treatment center utilizes a continuum of care that makes it unique in terms of residential treatment for teens. We provide stabilization for our young adults, followed by therapeutic residential treatment, then finally we assist them with a transition toward independence.
Learn More about Innercept’s Residential Treatment Program for Teens
If you have questions about whether residential treatment is right for your child, we can be a resource for you. Family involvement is incredibly important to us—family is a major priority in our continuum of care—from our stabilization program, residential treatment program, to our transition program. If your teen is struggling with complex mental health diagnoses, stubborn symptoms, or other mood disorders, reach out to admission counselors to learn more about the Innercept residential program by calling 855-292-5691 or through our contact form. They can confidentially answer any questions you have about residential care and help you determine if Innercept treatment would be a good fit for your adolescent. Contact us about our residential treatment for teens today.